Field Day 2017
Oakhill Day School plans Field Day with parents and students in mind. We want you to come, relax, and enjoy the day spent watching your child participate in the exciting games and events of the most fun day of the year.
Parent Field Day Information
Join us on Friday, May 19 for Field Day 2017!
Arrival and Dismissal
- Unless participating in Flapjack Fest, all students need to go to their classroom upon arrival
- Two-day students who plan to attend Field Day, please report to your classroom and sign in with your teacher
- Noon dismissal and car line for two-day students will be pushed back to 12:30 p.m. Please sign your child out with Sharon Phillips in the Central Office if leaving prior to 12:30 p.m.
Breakfast with Chris Cakes at the Field Day Flapjack Fest!
Chris Cakes is coming to Oakhill to serve up pancakes, sausage, coffee, and Tang on Field Day morning! All students participating in the Field Day Flapjack Fest must report to their classroom by 8:25 a.m. Kids’ Club will not take students to the Flapjack Fest. If your child would like to attend and normally attends AM Kids’ Club, they must be accompanied by a parent. Flapjack Fest begins early so eat before you drop off! (Students - $6 / Adults - $8)
Field Day Picnic Lunch
Students and parents need a sack lunch from home if not ordering the school’s Field Day picnic lunch. Here are a few things to know about the Field Day picnic lunch!
- If you need to order lunch the day of the event, please see Sharon Phillips in the Central Office
- Contact Nurse Cathy or Chef Justin prior to Field Day with questions about ordering lunch
- All Toddler – 3rd grade students* and all parents need to pre-order a Field Day lunch (*Field Day was not included in the full year lunch program pricing)
- If your child participates in the 4th – 8th grade all-inclusive lunch plan, you do not need to order a Field Day lunch
- Lunch is $5.50 for students and $6.00 for adults
- All add-ons on Field Day will be charged $6.25. Pre-registration will get you the best rate!
Please wear sunscreen and stay hydrated!
Parents, please apply sunscreen on your children in the morning before school. We have sunscreen to help students re-apply throughout the day. Students can also wear hats to help protect their face.
*If you wish us not to apply sunscreen please let your teacher know, otherwise we make sure each student is covered.
There are water/first aid stations on the field around the games and events. Teams will make frequent stops for water. Feel free to bring your own water bottle, but please keep track of your belongings.
What to Wear
- Toddler through 8th grade students must wear a shirt their Buddy Family’s team color in the morning (Your teacher will send home your colors!)
- Kindergarten through 8th grade students need to wear a second shirt/tank matching their afternoon team's color under their Buddy Family shirt (Layering makes for a smoother morning to afternoon transition)
- If you do not have a shirt of your assigned color, you could
- borrow one from a friend
- tie dye an old white shirt
- visit Hobby Lobby or a thrift store and purchase one for a low price
- Bring/wear tennis shoes, old clothes, extra change of clothes and towel
- Parents, dress comfortably to follow your child from game to game