Oakhill Party Connect
What is Oakhill Party Connect?
Party Connect’s main goal is to build connections and bring our Oakhill parent community together in a variety of fun ways. Events for Party Connect are organized by the Parent Teacher Organization and Oakhill parents are welcome to host events, as well! There will be at least two events a quarter that are organized by the PTO and parents who choose to connect with the PTO to host their own events can host a tailor-made event to their liking and have the added bonus of supporting the school!
I love that idea! How does it work?
A calendar of events for the year will be shared with parents and they can sign up for events they are interested in. Any parent, student, alumni, or staff member of Oakhill Day School can host a Party. If you are interested in hosting your own, just contact one of our Party Connect chairs and say, “sign me up!” We’ll work with you to choose a theme, set guidelines for the Party, identify a date and time for the Party, and choose a capacity and price for the Party. We’ll also assist in signing up guests to attend your Party.
Can you give me an example of a party?
Oakhill will have events like Bunco Night for the moms, or Poker Night for the Dad’s. Dip and Sip Wine tasting, meeting at a brewery to watch a football or baseball game. Lunch Club or Dinner Club are also some fun events that will be hosted by the PTO.
I want to host a Party Connect!
Ideas of easy parties to host include, Chiefs or Royals tailgating, Shrimp Boil at your house, Yoga classes, walking club, happy hour, golf outings, or painting classes… anything goes!
What is the cost to participate?
The PTO sponsored events will be very low to no cost. If you join us for Bunco or Poker, there will be a $5 to $10 buy-in, but it will be used as prize money! You may have to bring a bottle of wine or an appetizer to a Sip and Dip, pay for your own meal at the Lunch or Dinner Club events. Events will be kept super simple and will not be a big financial commitment for you!
As the host, you will donate your time and may choose to pay for some of the incidental costs of the party. You can also require a donation for every person attending to help cover any fees you may incur by hosting. Those donations can cover the entire cost of the party or partial cost. It is okay to have each person in attendance pay to cover their entertainment for the night!
Guest donations to attend each Party vary, but can range from as little as $10 per person up to $100 per person. Remember, you attend what you want to attend!
I’m in – what’s next
- Join us for one of our upcoming events. Registration is required so we know who is coming. A link for each event will be on the calendar of events!
- This year's Party Connect Contacts are Leecil Culbertson and Leah Gipe. Email one of us and tell us if you want to be a host, we will work with you on the details and then take it from there.
- Check the Oakhill Party Connect Page on the HUB in October when our full list of amazing parties will be posted, and watch for our launch date to register for the ones you want to attend.
- Check the website, weekly divisional emails, and the monthly ACORN during the school year to see new parties that have opened, which parties still have room and for an easy online sign-up.
- Holiday Parent Party Connect Luncheon Registration 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM