Oakhill Panther Athletics – Fall 2019
2019 Fall Sports (Girls Volleyball/Cross Country)
Girls Volleyball: Open to all students in the 5th – 8th Grades
Cross Country: Open to all students in the 3rd – 8th Grades
Pre-Season Checklist Prior to 1st Day of Practice
- Online Athletic Registration: Prior to the 1st day of practice please go online and register for the fall sport you are planning to participate in. Online registration will be available beginning on August 6, 2019.
- Sports Physicals (Please Note): Each athlete must have an updated sports physical on file here at Oakhill with Nurse Cathy/Coach Smith prior to the 1st day of practice. Sports physicals are valid for one year. All sport physical forms should be uploaded electronically into the students' online health system here at Oakhill. You will not be allowed to practice or play in a game until you have an up to date sport physical on file here at the school.
A copy of the sport physical form may be found on the Hub by clicking on the "Athletics" tab, clicking on "Resources", and then you will click on the link to the sport physical form. You may also email Coach Smith if you are having trouble accessing the form.
- Check Athletic Calendar: The athletic calendar is your hub for all practice/game schedule information. Practice information for the fall is available online via the athletic calendar. Please go online to the Oakhill Day School website and access the athletic calendar to get the most up to date practice/game information. Once you access the athletic calendar you will want to sign up for alerts for your child's sport. This will allow you to be notified via text or email anytime a change is made to the athletic calendar (you must request to be sent these alerts). If you have questions regarding the athletic calendar and signing up for alerts please email Coach Smith.
If the Girls Volleyball/Cross Country practice or game schedule is not showing up on your athletic calendar you may need to change your calendar settings. To do that, you will begin by clicking on the EYE ICON at the top of the athletic calendar. Once you click on the eyeball, you will want to scroll down through all the sports and check the boxes of the teams you want to show up on your athletic calendar. This will help control what information shows up on your athletic calendar. Coach Smith would be happy to assist you with getting this set-up if needed.
- Follow Oakhill Athletics Twitter: If you have a Twitter account please be sure to give us a follow on our Oakhill Athletics twitter page. We try to post pictures from games, schedule changes, results, etc. If you would like to follow Oakhill Athletics, our Twitter handle is listed to the right @OakhillPanthers.
2019 Fall Sports Practice Schedule Information
Below are the days and times for fall sports practices, please understand there are times this schedule is modified due to school events and other activities. Please use the Oakhill Day School online athletic calendar as your most accurate resource for practice/game information. It is recommended to sign-up for calendar alerts, along with checking out the athletic calendar each week to confirm practice days and times.
Cross Country Practice Days and Times (3rd – 8th Grade)
- 1st Practice: Wednesday, August 14th (4:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- Tuesday/Thursday (4:00 pm – 5:00 pm) @ Oakhill Gymnasium
- The Oakhill Cross Country team welcomes all runners in the 3rd – 8th grades!! Practices will begin each afternoon in the gym of the Main Building. Students will walk over to the Main Building from the South Campus Building for practices after school. 3rd-grade students in the Main Building should go to Kids' Club where they will be picked up by the coaches for practice @ 3:55 pm. Once practice is complete, parents should plan on picking their child up right outside the Gym of the Main Building. Students who are not picked up by 5:10 pm will be checked into Kids' Club where you will be charged the drop-in fee.
Girls Volleyball Practices Days and Times (5th/6th & 7th/8th Grade)
- 1st Practice: Wednesday, August 14th (4:00 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday (4:00 pm – 5:30 pm) @ Oakhill Gymnasium
- The Oakhill Girls Volleyball team welcomes all students in the 5th – 8th grades. Practices will be held in the Oakhill Gym after school each day. Students will be walked over from the South Building to the Main Building for practice. Please plan to pick your child up in the gym of the main building at the conclusion of practice. Students who are not picked up by 5:40 pm will be checked into Kids' Club where you will be charged the drop-in fee.
Meet your 2019 Fall Sports Coaches
Girls Volleyball (5th-8th Grade)
Summer Parker (4th Year as Coach): This will be Coach Parkers 4th season as a coach for the Girls Volleyball team here at Oakhill. The first two years Summer assisted Alex Hall, this will be her 2nd season as the head coach! Summer was very happy to see such a great turnout for the "Summer Open Gym Workouts", she is excited and looking forward to a great season sharing her passion for Volleyball with the students of Oakhill!
Alex Hall (1st Year): Coach Hall is no stranger to the Girls Volleyball program at Oakhill. Alex was a coach for the team in his previous tenure at Oakhill (2015 – 2018). We are excited to have Alex back at Oakhill and are very excited to have him back coaching alongside Coach Summer. Each of them brings a great deal of knowledge and passion for the game that should make for a fun season!
Cross Country (3rd-8th Grade)
Amy Clevenger (6th Year as Coach): This will be Coach Clevenger's 6th season as a coach for the Cross Country team here at Oakhill. Amy has a passion for running that she loves sharing with her teams. She loves working with each student to help them reach their goals. Coach Clevenger is excited about the upcoming season; she looks forward to the addition of 3rd grade to the program. She is also excited to have Coach Ziggy join the coaching staff. Coach Amy and Coach Ziggy look forward to making it a fun fall full of running here at Oakhill!
Tim Ziegler (1st Year): Please join us in welcoming Coach Ziggy to the Oakhill Cross Country team coaching staff. Tim will begin his first season of coaching Cross Country here at Oakhill, Coach Clevenger is excited to have him on board! Coach Ziggy is passionate about exercise and fitness, he is excited to work with our runners to help each of them reach their goals and become the best they can be. We look forward to having Coach Ziggy join our running team in 2019 – 2020!
2019 Fall Sports Game/Meet Information
Girls Volleyball Games: Games are typically scheduled for the weeknights, with an occasional Saturday morning/afternoon game. The Fall 2019 game schedule will be available via the athletic calendar by August 10, 2019.
- 5th/6th Girls: Will play 10 - 12 regular-season games, with an additional 1 – 3 games possible in the "End of Season League Championship Tournament."
- 7th/8th Girls: Will play in the MPSL Pre-season jamboree tournament, followed up with 10 – 12 regular-season games, and an additional 1 – 3 games possible in the "End of Season League Championship Tournament."
Cross Country Meet Schedule: The cross country meets that dates have been provided for will be added to the athletic calendar by August 10th, 2019. The remaining Parochial League meets will be added as soon as the league provides that information. The Parochial League meets will be on Mondays, late afternoon/evening. Once the full schedule is available online an email will be sent out to the team/parents.
2019 Booster Club Information
Be on the lookout for our 2019 - 2020 Panther Athletics/Booster Club t-shirt! You will not want to miss out on purchasing one of these shirts will be available for purchase in the Oakhill Mercantile Shop! These are great to wear at all our Oakhill Panther Athletics games and Pep Rallies!
Remember, all proceeds go to support Oakhill Athletics and the Oakhill Booster Club!
I'm looking forward to a great fall of Panther Athletics! Hope to see you out on the court for Girls Volleyball and out running for Cross Country!
Thanks for your support of Oakhill Athletics!
Kellen Smith (Athletics Coordinator)