HUB Login

Oakhill Newsroom

Join Us - The Peterson Family
Posted 10/21/2019 06:09PM

Dear Oakhill Families and Friends:

Peterson FamilyAs I look back to my early childhood years at Oakhill Day School I have fond memories of my teachers and classroom experiences.  Oakhill Day School prepared me for my education for the rest of my life. While having in-depth conversations with other parents from Oakhill we feel as your child continues through eighth grade at Oakhill that they will be fully prepared to tackle the challenges of high school and excel in their studies and extracurricular activities.

My wife Heeok and I have made Oakhill our primary philanthropic donation.  We have reduced our alma mater donations and increased our Oakhill contribution. We are excited about the education our children are receiving and feel this is a wonderful investment in their future. As you choose your philanthropic contributions please remember how this school is helping prepare your children for life.  Your money truly makes a difference. 

Personal participation also make a difference.  Attending the auction, getting involved in activities and volunteering in the classroom are important ways to help the school and its students. Your employer or your business may sponsor a community partnership or there will be several underwriting opportunities throughout the year. 

I would like to remind you of the importance of the Annual Fund.  Following NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools) guidelines, the Board of Trustees sets tuition approximately 85% of the actual cost to educate a child.  The remaining 15% is what we commonly refer to as "the gap".  The gap is what your donations to the Annual Fund aim to fill. By design, the gap is meant to keep tuition as low as possible, making the school more accessible and affordable to potential families, while providing the

Oakhill community an opportunity to come together with a shared sense of purpose.

Please make a yearly donation to the Annual Fund.


Join Me!

Kent Peterson
Board of Trustees President

Oakhill Day School
Oakhill Day School
7019 N. Cherry Street Gladstone, MO 64118
Phone: 816.436.6228
email page print page small type large type
powered by finalsite