Late Fall at Oakhill is Just Right!
In my last Acorn article, I couldn't wait for fall weather... but, now it is a little bit too cool! I like it to be not too hot and not too cold - but, just right! That is kind of the way I like things in general... (kind of like Goldilocks)! I am either really bored or I have way too much to do; I am so excited about something or not that excited at all; I love a food or dislike a food; I have a strong opinion or really no opinion worth having at all! I think that is why I love the 2nd quarter of school - there is so much to do... so much going on... and, so many balls to juggle! I have to be ON all the time... and, that brings out the best in me!
We are currently:
- preparing for our Annual Auction
- ramping up Annual Fund Give Online
- planning Global Celebration and our brand new Global Celebration - After Hours Event
- sponsoring our Gladstone Chamber Thanksgiving Luncheon
- organizing our first ever All that Jazz event at June's Jazz Club
- starting up the basketball and cheerleading season
- memorizing our words for the Annual Scripps Spelling Bee
- gearing up for our six winter musicals
- determining vendors for our first ever Holiday Hoopla in the gym (Click here for more information, vendor application and terms)
- decorating for our Auction Favorite Things party
Saving energy to enjoy Thanksgiving and Winter Breaks!
I know life is busy; I doubt I see you at all of these events, but I hope to run into you at many!
I also want to share some quick updates. Maggie Newhouse has stepped into the Alumni Coordinator role, and she will be contacting students and families from the past to keep in touch and keep them informed. If you have news or updates to share, please contact Maggie. Terri Ferris is our Volunteer Coordinator helping to find the right fit for all of our volunteers. If you want to volunteer or have ideas, simply reach out to Terri for help or guidance. Amy Potts has graciously agreed to serve as Annual Auction Chairperson. She will be organizing our largest fundraising event of the year and is excited to lead the committee. The right people are in the right places, and great things are to come!
Enjoy the 2nd quarter... although it is action packed, it is deliberately so! We create the activities and events for you... for your family... and, for the school. Thank you for being a part of the Oakhill community - we are one big happy family!
Here's to my second family,