What's Going on in Techbrary?
In a crazy busy week full of Super Bowl wins and Red Snow Days, our dynamic duo of Techbrarians led an awesome PTO Coffee outlining all of the amazing things happening with tech and library at Oakhill!
Many of you have heard the word "Techbrary" thrown around, but are probably wondering why not have technology and library? The fact of the matter is that these days, the two really go hand and hand. The mission of the Oakhill Techbrary spaces is to provide spaces and resources for the development of future ready learners. These learners embody innovative thinking, competent research and technology skills, and a lifelong love of reading and learning. Oakhill's Techbrary curriculum was created around the 4-C's of 21st century learning, critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity.
Our hopes are that students find the Techbrary to be:
- A learning commons that fosters CREATIVITY and CRITICAL THINKING skills while utilizing our fully functioning media center with access to digital resources, printed resources and technology equipment.
- A flexible space that encourages exploration, COMMUNICATION, and COLLABORATION between students, teachers and the Oakhill community.
- A welcoming, inclusive space where teachers can bring their classes for COLLABORATIVE project work throughout the day.
As Techbrarians, our teachers hope to:
- Teach students how to find reliable printed and online resources.
- Develop digital age learners who are competent researchers.
- Collaborate with teachers to find engaging 21st century resources to support their curriculum.
- Help students to develop a love of books, to think outside the box and work togethers.
The Oakhill Techbrary is constantly evolving to meet the ever-changing needs of students. The end goal is to have students who are responsible, innovative, and equipped with technology competencies that will help them navigate our oh so technological world.