Although the Building is Closed... School is in Session!
Oakhill Day School is taking all precautions to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety and well-being of our community (and the greater local and regional community) is our top priority.
Starting Monday, March 23, Oakhill will conduct all classes virtually and all Admissions tours will also be held virtually, Monday-Friday, until we return to campus tentatively on Monday, April 27. Please contact Dorothy Beckham, Director of Admissions and Financial Assistance with questions about enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year.
Please complete this form prior to your scheduled virtual tour:
Updates are being provided to the Oakhill community via our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates Webpage. We plan to add all updates to this page so that all information is in one centralized location.
Resources for Remote Learning
We know this new way of learning is a challenge for everyone and we are all doing our best! If you are looking for more ideas to extend remote learning with your child(ren), please check out these FREE resources we've compiled for parents and guardians. Remember, these sites are not a replacement for the learning being provided by your child's teacher, but some of these resources may help you extend the day or provide valuable enrichment to enhance what they are learning!
- Fluency and Fitness (Primary) - Website; Facebook Page
- Save with Stories - Celebrities reading Children's Books
- Scholastic: Learn at Home (All Ages)
- Story Time from Space - Astronauts reading stories from space.
- Every Monday, Steve Spangler goes LIVE on his Facebook Page at 11pm CST. He is doing "50 Experiments in 50 Days!"
- Do you LOVE doing science experiments? Check out Sick Science!
- EVERY DAY Mo Willems is sharing Lunch Doodles at 12pm CST.
- Really Good Stuff (TONS of Printables for all subject areas and all ages)
- Tattered Covered Book Store (A List of More Resources)
- Kansas City Kansas Public Library Card (Top right corner)
- Mid-Continent Library Card (Get a MCPL Card)
- Berteau & Co - Learning at Home (All Ages, All Subjects, Organized by Grade Level)
- Remote Learning Activities from the Indiana Department of Education (All Ages, All Subject, Organized by Grade Level)
And don't forget the most important free resource, your backyard! Be sure to encourage your children to take in a little sunshine and nature each day.