Your gift, their future.
Every dollar to the Annual Fund impacts your child well beyond what tuition dollars provide. Tuition dollars do not cover total operating expenses at Oakhill Day School.
Did you know that your 100% tax deductible gift to the Oakhill Annual Fund helps Oakhill Day School provide talented teachers, daily necessities, educational technology and equipment, and exceptional curricular offerings in everything from arts to athletics? For most Independent Day Schools like Oakhill, tuition only covers 80% of the operating budget. The remaining 20% is funded in part by philanthropy – including gifts from the Annual Fund. We hope to reach our goal of 100% Parent Participation and $100,000 this school year. In order to achieve this goal, we need one gift... from you.
Please remember we welcome all donations of any amount - $10, $20 or more. We understand that giving looks different for all families and every level of generosity is appreciated. The most important thing is that we want you to join us by giving to the Annual Fund this school year!
See what your generosity accomplished for Oakhill last year:
Annual Fund FAQ's
We currently accept gifts of cash, check or credit card paid in full or in installments.
You could purchase a life insurance policy and make Oakhill Day School the beneficiary, or assign a policy already in effect to Oakhill as both owner and beneficiary. We recommend that you check with your tax advisor for details regarding this method of donation.
To discuss alternative gift approaches, please contact the Development Office. We will be happy to assist you in your gift planning.
Call Leslie Gasser at 816.436.6228
Giving to the Annual Fund is a gift from the heart; a gift that provides Oakhill the opportunity to support the areas of greatest need. Think of Annual Fund as the “Greatest Need Fund.”
Any amount! Each and every dollar towards the Annual Fund is utilized to its fullest extent. $5, $10, $50, $100, $1000, $5000. No gift is too small or too big.
No, you can make a pledge today. By making a pledge, you assist us in meeting our Annual Fund goals early. You have until June 30 to make your gift. All gifts made by December 31, 2019 are eligible for a tax deduction in 2016. Any gifts received after December 31, 2019 will be eligible in 2020.
Contributions to the Family of Funds allows you to earmark your gift to a specific area of interest or need.
Current Fund Families
Campus Improvements Fund
From air conditioning to mulch and water fountains, contributions to the Campus Improvements Fund allows Oakhill the ability to maintain its facilities, be it routine maintenance or unexpected repairs.
Art comes in many forms and every student at Oakhill is an artist. Whether it’s on canvas or on stage, fine arts instruction is an important and integral part of the curriculum at our school. Your support allows each Oakhill student to benefit from this important piece of instruction that encourages creativity and individual expression in our children.
Each Oakhill student from Toddlers to Eighth Grade participate in athletics five days a week. Over the past five years, Oakhill has expanded its athletic offerings to go beyond physical education classes to include organized athletic teams and early childhood sports teams. Contributions to this fund allows Oakhill to continue its commitment to developing healthy students who live the values of sportsmanship, teamwork and respect for others.
Curriculum and Professional Development Fund
You have chosen Oakhill for its exceptional teaching staff and great educational offerings. Contributions to the Curriculum and Professional Development Fund supports faculty workshops and training, an important investment in maintaining the quality of teaching you expect from Oakhill. This fund allows Oakhill to unlock the potential in all students by providing the materials necessary for implementing a challenging and individualized curriculum.
|Annual Fund Giving Levels|
|Circle of Excellence||$5,000 and Up|
|Head of School Circle||$1,000 - $4,999|
|1947 Club||$500 - $999|
|Teal and White Club||$200 - $499|
|Friends of Oakhill||Up to $199|