In a Nutshell Blog
Teacher Toolkit | 5 Things Mrs. Egbert Can't Teach Without
Not everyone has the energy to keep up with first graders every day. They're at an age where questions are infinite, learning is fun, and energy is always high! We caught up with Mrs. Egbert to talk to her about what items in her teacher toolkit get her through the day!
1. Flair Pens - I use my flair pens for everything, and always have many handy. This whole jar is dedicated to them. They give me a variety of choices, I can use them for anything, and they're scented, which the students and myself enjoy!
2. Document Camera - My document camera is always open and running. It is so much easier for me to work through projects with my students, or show them up on the board rather than having them crowd around a desk or having to go to each student individually. Knowledge is transferred so much easier when I can simply project my desk up onto the screen.
3. Sticky Notes - Sticky notes are how I stay organized. I love that I am able to make notes to myself, then get satisfaction for a job finished when I can throw it away. It's my way of checking off of a list!
4. Mrs. Manley - I would not be able to do my job without Mrs. Manley. She is my partner for the students, we plan lessons together, and so much more. Our personalities complement each other, I can depend on her for ideas and help around my classroom, and she always makes me smile!
5. Bright Colors - I have bright colors all around my room! Not only does it make me happy, but it makes my classroom a welcoming and fun place to be. Nobody wants to work in a boring space!
Choose groups to clone to: