Academic and Behavioral Support
We lead all students to success!
Oakhill is committed to providing academic and behavioral support to our students. Every student should feel supported and valued, no matter what their needs may be. Communication and collaboration between our Behavioral and Academic Support staff, classroom teachers, and parents are essential to setting a foundation for Oakhill students to thrive.
Currently, one-on-one classroom support is typically not available. However, both our Wellness Counselor and Learning Specialist will work with the student individually outside of class, in group counseling, as well as through classroom lessons. If additional adult support is required, conversations can happen with the Behavioral and Academic Support staff and Division Heads individually to determine if Oakhill can meet a student's needs. Oakhill can provide additional supported resources and referrals if we cannot meet a students' specific academic concern.
Oakhill's Academic Support and Behavioral Support departments aim to provide additional instruction, guidance, and assistance to students struggling socially or who need assistance to help them excel, whether academically behind or advanced. Students who receive Oakhill's academic and behavioral support benefit in many ways:
- Improved Understanding: With academic support, students can receive additional explanations and clarification on the concepts and materials covered in their classes. Helping them gain a deeper understanding of the subject matter and improve their overall comprehension.
- Enhanced Performance: Students who receive academic and behavioral support can improve their academic performance. With guidance and feedback from our support professionals, students can identify areas where they need improvement or acceleration and work on developing better study habits and coping strategies.
- Increased Confidence: Struggling with academically or socially can frustrate students, leading to a lack of confidence in their abilities. Our support staff helps restore confidence by providing a safe space for students to ask questions and get help.
- Personalized Learning: Oakhill tailors support to meet the specific needs of individual students. This personalized approach helps students build on their strengths, leading to greater success in their pursuits.
- Time Management: Besides subject-specific guidance, academic support teaches students valuable time management and study habit skills. Learning how to plan and prioritize their workload can help students become more efficient and effective in their studies, leading to better academic outcomes.
By providing additional guidance, instruction, and support, students gain a deeper understanding of their subjects, improve their performance, and develop the skills they need to succeed academically.
Oakhill Day School will seek diversity in its student body and welcome enrollment by students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, and any other characteristic protected under applicable law. It prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of any protected category under applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances, including but not limited to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), specifically, but not limited to, discrimination, harassment, or retaliation on the basis of sexual orientation, gender or sex, race or ethnicity, ethnic group identification, ancestry, nationality, national origin, religion, color, mental or physical disability, age, or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics in Oakhill Day School’s educational programs or activities.